What is B2B Content Writing- A Complete Guide
Wondering what is b2b content writing that everyone is talking about lately? You’re at the right place to know. Without any delay, let’s dive into B2B content writing.
Numerous businesses utilize the services of content writing to target other businesses as their potential clients. This form of content writing falls under B2B content writing as it is the form Business to Business interaction.
How it Differs From B2C Content Writing
As extensive as content marketing is, it differs in accordance with target audience, intent of content and platform where it is published. The B2B content is drastically different from B2C in respect to the following:
The audience persona that you develop in B2C is focused on the general population. It caters to people belonging to a certain group in terms of age, gender or group that seek entertainment and fun.
However, in B2B you’re targeting a particular business rather than a general group. You do a thorough market research to make your audience persona in a targeted niche. You can hire Globex Writing Services to get your audience person made professionally as per your brand guidelines.
Nature of Products And Sales Cycle
B2B products or services have a longer buying cycle compared to B2C products. It is because the B2C audience does not seek expertise and can be entertained with a general product for the whole population.
While B2B audiences do seek expertise and the B2B products also cater to a particular business which can take longer to target compared to targeting the general population. B2C products are usually based on one-time payment procedures, while B2C products are usually based on subscriptions, frequency, and deals.
For instance, if you’re selling a health supplement on your website, it will be a B2C product and will entail a one-time payment by the buyer; however, if you’re selling guest posts or written blogs as products to another business, it will have monthly payment depending on the number of blogs and the quality of blogs they have asked.
You can not target businesses with mere emotions and psychological triggers. You will need to provide value-driven content. B2B content creation requires much more than just emotional selling, and it entails factual figures, well-researched content as well as logically sound claims that have the tendency to appeal to amateur to expert businesses in any field.
Note: You’ll have to outsmart the experts in the niche to earn credibility and authority in the B2B domain.
1. Social Media Content Writing in B2B Space
Social media content is not only limited to social apps like Instagram and Facebook. It, in fact, entails all social platforms like LinkedIn, Quora, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and many more.
The content intent for each platform differs from one another in terms of tone, formatting, and value given to readers.
How to Do it
Different platforms require different approaches to writing B2B content in accordance with their algorithm and audience.
It has to be the best platform to find businesses and entrepreneurs; hence, it is a sweet spot for B2B service providers. If you’re targeting a business on LinkedIn, your content writing should have:
- Value-based content that solves problems of a particular business
- Tips to improve the revenue of a business
- Announcement of the latest business news and research in your particular niche
Facebook marketplace is a hot spot for many local businesses and entrepreneurs. You can join any of such relevant groups to gain a deep insight into the market and audience you want to target. Facebook content should have:
- Value-based posts
- Video content providing relevant information in the form of reels
- Show authority with proper management of Facebook pages
- Optimize your Facebook content by placing the right keywords
- Use relevant hashtags and links
- Use free consultation or any value-based service as a CTA
- The length of captions should be optimized to catch the attention of businesses
- The content of posts should be fact-based and well-researched
Instagram is perfect for building credibility and selling B2C products. But, when it comes to businesses, Instagram can be a good way to demonstrate credibility, but it isn’t a very good source to attract B2B clients.
- Instagram content writing should be based on facts presented in a fun way
- Most people use Instagram for fun and entertainment; hence strict business language should be avoided
- You can use smart copywriting in Instagram ads to attract different small businesses to the platform
- Instagram reels are also getting popular, and you’ll need to write interactive video scripts or video sales letters to cater to B2B audiences
Twitter is a content-oriented platform and is used by many authoritative figures throughout the world. If you want to access all the big names in the business world, Twitter is the right place for you. It gives you an opportunity to slay with your creative content that will go viral.
- You will want to write tips and business growth facts in your tweets
- Do not post the same content that you use for other platforms; cut it down, reshape it, and tweet
- Use the hashtags that are trending on Twitter to get your content viral
- It is the perfect medium to cash on a trend by using it for marketing your own product
- For instance, Oreo utilized the news of an asteroid potentially hitting the earth as a marketing opportunity and cashed it by making an asteroid-proof Oreo bunker in the Arctic, which continued to be a headline crosswise in the world.
In 2022, there is no better way of building a brand fast than using YouTube as a marketing tool. Make a YouTube channel. Announce your Business. Let the world know what you sell and how you can help them. There are various B2B channels that continue to build credibility in the eyes of their target businesses by producing well-researched trending content.
- Write short fact-based scripts to cater to YouTube Shorts
- Write an attractive intro, body, and outro of the video
- Use slang and interesting words to grab the viewer’s attention
- Add testimonials and reviews when you make a claim
- Show real-time results when you propose something
- For long-form videos, divide your script into various sections
- Thoroughly explain each section and then move to the next
Pinterest is also one of the biggest search engines in the world. It is often overlooked by many businesses as a potential revenue generator. Pinterest is underrated in terms of its potential to bring high-quality traffic to your website.
- Write research-based stats and make an infographic out of it
- Write catchy headlines for your products or blogs and post them on Pinterest linking to your website
- Write value-driven content for Pinterest posts and write relevant hashtags in them
- Write testimonials or reviews and post them as pins
- Write post content offering free lead magnets and insert the link to the magnet in the post
- Write content that will help the businesses if your choice
2. B2B Email Content Writing
According to some, the days of email marketing are long gone. But, are they really? Statistics have proved that email marketing is just as effective in 2022 as it was a few decades back.
How to Do it
Writing a B2B differs a great deal from writing B2C emails. It depends on the type of niche you’re getting and also on the service and products you are selling. Even in the B2B space, emails have different types. Following are some of the B2B email writing types:
- Cold Emails
- Email Campaigns
3. B2B E-books
The E-books can also be B2B in their intent. The difference starts from the very first point the drafting and conceptualization start. The B2B books are, although targeting particular businesses, they are meant for a single reader or entrepreneur in a particular niche.
How to Do it
These books are focused on providing value and relevant knowledge in a certain niche. Storytelling plays a little role in B2B e-books as the target readers are usually business people who are more concerned about the substance and value provided in the book.
Develop a catchy title that tells what’s in the book at a glance. Follow the following ways to improve b2b content writing, especially for e-books:
- The table of content should be easy to navigate
- Each chapter should have a different concept and point explained clearly in detail
- There should be relevant links and references mentioned in the book hinting at the credibility of the book
- This kind of writing should have tried and tested hacks and tricks
- The average number of pages of an e-book lies between 150 to 300 pages
4. Concept of Landing Pages in B2B writing
The landing page is a page that is written with the intent to get opt-in emails from the readers. It can also be written to make the reader book a meeting or a consultation. You can use a lead magnet on the landing pages to reap maximum benefits from it.
There are various forms of lead magnets that you can use for this purpose. The purpose of the landing page should be to convert a customer or get information from the reader. Here are some ideas for making a lead magnet, and you can choose any of them per your company’s demands.
How to Do It
The following principles should be kept in mind while writing a landing page:
- Create scarcity by offering a limited-time or limited edition service or lead magnet. But, you should be authentic in your claim. If you are not in a space to create scarcity, you can go with other principles.
- Use Persuasion to make the readers click on your Call-To-Action because every part of your landing page should persuade your readers to avail of your offer.
- Provide Value Proposition to make your offer full of value. You have to propose the value in a way that convinces your audience that your offer is well worth their time and effort. In the headline, you should clearly define the value your offer provides.
- Build trust by using powerful words that trigger trust. Some of the trust words are given below:
- Provide proof of your claims by adding reviews and testimonials of your previous clients and customers.
5. Writing B2B White Papers
White papers are the documents that are written to announce the features of your products or services of different companies or non-profit-organization. They are written to highlight your product or services in keeping the tone in the journalism category.
They come in various types of white papers depending on their intent. The most common white papers include problem/solution, lists, and white papers written to get people’s opinions on the policies of the government.
How to Do it
Writing a white paper is fairly technical compared to writing B2C content. The tone of the white papers is required to be on the journalism side. Following are some tips to create b2b content for white papers:
- The word count ranges from 2000 to 3000 words written in an academic tone.
- They should be well-researched and based on facts, and the addition of any kind of fluff should be avoided.
- Never submit your white papers without proper formatting and proofreading. It can raise serious concerns about your business acumen.
6. Writing VSL for a Business
According to stats, most people prefer video content over written content as it is easy to consume. The same goes for different businesses because video content is better able to hook attention and prove credibility.
How to Do it
Video Sales Letters are very popular in the B2B domain because they are used by many small businesses to build authority over social media platforms. Once their reputation is built, it becomes easier for other businesses to put their trust in that brand or business.
- Make sure your video letter starts with a bang. Hook your readers from the very first line.
- If it is a B2B VSL, try to prove your credibility and authority in the first few lines.
- Storytelling is particularly an effective strategy in B2C VSL writing, but in the case of B2B sales letters, go for adding testimonies or research that proves your claim.
- Go forward, highlighting the pain points of your target business. The better you do it, the faster conversions you’ll get.
- Now that you have built your credibility, it’s time for you to wrap up by offering a risk-free solution.
- Offer benefits and additional perks to make decision-making easier for business owners.
- Reverse the risk and ask them to book a free consultation, for instance, a free SEO content audit for their website. Avoid spamming your content with emotional triggers in b2b business writing.
7. Brand Identity Guidelines for Businesses
Writing branding guidelines is purely a B2B writing task. The process of building a brand starts with writing branding guidelines. A B2B writer is responsible for defining brand guidelines.
There is a misconception that branding starts from design. But, if you don’t have clear documentation of what the design of your brand identity kit should speak, how will the design hit excellence?
The process of branding takes thousands of dollars, and you will not want to mess with the whole process by saving a few hundred on getting professionally written B2B guidelines. Do you?
How to Do it
Here’s how to start with writing b2b content in the space of branding:
- Define the tone of your client’s brand, whether it’s formal, business, or interactive.
- Write words to define the brand that can help a designer design a complete brand identity kit and logo from those words.
- Mention the primary colors that should represent the brand while considering the psychological effects of different colors.
- Write about the typography and fonts that the brand would be based on.
8. The Road to Become a B2B Content Writer
The Road to doing b2b content writing for beginners starts from beginner-level freelancing platforms like Fiverr and Upwork. But, after you have gained enough experience, you can move towards more complex ways of getting clients, like B2B lead generation.
These freelancing platforms have answered the major concern of how to start b2b writing that is raised by the majority of beginner writers. Most of these platforms are free and take no registration fee, but they do take a sum from the total amount of the project once you’ve completed one. So, you pay only when you’ve earned through that platform.
Some platforms like Upwork charge in the form of connections to bid on projects.
B2B content generation is an extensive field that requires years of experience and skills to excel. Now that we have guided you regarding what is b2b content writing, it is time to dive into the potential perks this domain can offer after you’ve aced B2B writing:
9. Scope Of B2B Content Writing. Is it Worth it?
If you have learned the art of how to write successful b2b marketing content, there would be no stop to your growth and success. Let’s dive into some major perks of being in the B2B content writing niche:
The field of marketing has endless opportunities, and all of these fields of digital marketing require content in one form or another. If you want to excel in the field of digital marketing, there is no better way to start than from content writing.
Majority of the content writers who work in the B2B space earn six figures on a monthly basis. Moreover, the work that comes in B2B capacity is more consistent compared to B2C content because businesses usually deal with other agencies or businesses giving long-term projects.
Gateway to Networking
Networking is one of the biggest benefits of b2b content writing. You get to meet a lot of new businesses and clients with the potential to open doors for better and bigger opportunities. You get to learn a great deal regarding the businesses you work for, making you a market expert in that particular niche.
Expense vs. Profit Breakdown
If you are wondering what is b2b content writing expense list is, then fear not because it is one of the easiest jobs to maintain. All you need to become a b2b content writer is a laptop and internet connection which are mostly there in your houses.
2022 is a high time to enter the field of b2b content. If you’re wondering where to get where to get b2b content writing courses, the answer is the internet. If you apply all the mentioned above strategies, you’ll be ready to land your first entry-level project of b2b content writing.
Leave a Comment